Its been a while since we updated so I wanted to let you know we are alive and we have been vigorous working on some big new features. In the mean time we have been enhancing and tweaking our existing services to make a better, faster and cleaner user experience. Here’s a list of some of the things changed on the current site over the last couple of months:
- Lots of bug fixes, we try to fix these as soon as they are discovered.
- Download Options page added (and enabled by default) allowing MediaPro users to download as hot links from other people’s accounts.
- Images can now be shared with a direct/hot link.
- Basic Download API allowing for integration with 3rd party tools.
- “Copy to Clipboard” enhanced to support the latest versions of flash.
- Support multiple file uploads at once through the dropbox uploader. Allow user to configure.
- Removed the MediaFire tag line from the dropbox uploader.
- Billing method can now be adjusted.
- Retooled Billing History so its more readable.
- Image Preview scrolling box now works with low resolutions.
- Retooled sharing links in all sharing boxes to be more usable.
- Enhanced the RSS Feed for folders.
- Cleaned up the Password protection for files so its easier to find.
- Lots of email notifications and alerts for various site features.
- Alert system in MyFiles page to relay important messages.
- Some Files/Accounts can now be inactive for more then 60 days.
- User is alerted through email before files are flushed out for inactivity.
- Automatically retry failed download requests 3 times.
- Cleaned up and made some usability enhancements to the file uploader.
We have also done a lot of work to speed up the performance of the site.
- MyFiles pages now load between 50% and 500% faster then they used to. Some pages that took 30-50 seconds to load now load in 4-6 seconds.
- The overall site load time has been greatly reduced, one goal we accomplished was to get the main page down to .5 seconds to completely load.
- We have returned to using Image Sprites for enhanced performance.
- Files and Images process and verify much faster now. Usually within 3 seconds of upload. Previously files could take 15-20 seconds to verify.
We have a lot of new Big features coming over the next month. Expect more frequent blog updates.
May you file sharing be fast and error free,
Derek & the MediaFire Team